Sometimes we can get so caught up in our day to day jobs and just doing, that we often don’t take a step back to review; what are we doing? Why are we doing it? Can we streamline or improve our processes? We see so many organisations fall into the ‘because we’ve always done it this way’ mindset, which is a sure-fire way to stifle change and foster inefficiency!
Inefficient processes lead to frustrated staff, wasted resources and poor member engagement. That is why it is so important to make the time to review current processes and identify those repetitive, time consuming, tasks and procedures that could instead be performed using iMIS Process Automation!
What is iMIS process automation? Process automation is a (often underutilised!) feature of iMIS that enables you to improve member engagement and staff productivity by automating repetitive tasks and processes. With PA you can:
- Schedule tasks based on changes in iMIS
- Automate emails
- Display tailored messages to website users
- Alert staff to missing data in iMIS.
It is a powerful tool and can significantly increase efficiencies across your organisation. There are countless opportunities for automation across fundraising, events and membership, but here are the top 10 examples we think everyone should have implemented:
- Missing data alert for staff in iMIS - for example missing contact details, missing relationships
- Automated new member welcome/onboarding email.
- Follow up email 30 days from join date to new member
- Automated email with receipt for payments made - for example new members applications, online donations, event registration.
- Personalised renewal reminders displayed to website users.
- Report – set regular reports to run at a specified day and time and email directly to user
- Automated email to staff when new application received online.
- Automate email communications about changes to a membership category, cancellation or other changes to key contact data.
- Suspension of members automated based on financial rules
- Pro-active member engagement emails – for example, where a member has not logged in the last XX months, email to follow up.
Process Automation should be an integral part of your iMIS strategy, and a business process review should be at the top of your ‘to do’ list. Get in touch with us today to learn more about process automation and how we can make things easier for you!