Recently I’ve spent quite a bit of time working with clients who identified the need to review how they were managing events in iMIS. The most common issues reported, and areas of frustration experienced by staff, were:
- Inefficient and inefficient event creation due to staff creating new events instead of copying or using templates
- Inconsistent event set up across fields such as Description and Additional Information
- Inconsistent event and registration codes making reporting difficult
- Inefficient and manual business processes
- Confusion over member/non-member pricing and the way iMIS categorises registrants
When business processes are tedious, inefficient and repetitive you end up with frustrated staff, poorly run events, and unhappy members and customers which = lost revenue!
The iMIS Event Module has some great functionality and if you take the time to get the fundamentals of your events right, your events should be quick and easy to set up and manage, leaving staff with more time to focus on your members. If you don’t already do the following when managing events – start now!